Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bringing You Home

I really dislike hospitals.  So much so, that I'd rather get discharged at 11 pm the day after you were born then stay the rest of the night.  Plus, the hospital beds don't fit me very well and hurt my back.  But...the hospital really prefers you have a name for the baby before you leave. 

Your Dad and I both take naming a baby very seriously.  So seriously, that at 1 am we still hadn't figured out a name for you!  And, we were tired and cranky to say the least.

I finally told the night nurse we were going to play stupid, take the paper work home, and bring it back later.  The lady who does the paperwork called twice the next day before getting a hold of me.  We learned that in Oregon you have a year to name the baby but she needed the paperwork to declare a live birth.  She really wanted it back!  

Rather than continue fighting, Grandma Colleen ran interference and we came up with your name.  Almost seemed harder than giving birth ;)  But, we both love your name (while I realize you may decide to be called something later).  And, the paperwork lady was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment